Concrete breakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At present ive got a kango 950 for doing most of the lighter stuff which is permannetly in the van and is great. Im finding increasingly on larger jobs im hiring in the jcb beaver hydraulic breakers to go through the thick stuff or the large areas.

With the amount im spending on hire costs it really would make sense to buy one second hand. It will obviously cost a bit so i wont to be sure of any investment before i make it. So has anyone got one and if so what are the pitfuls or things to look out for with these.

Also anyone used the atlas petrol breakers, and if so whats your opinion. They do seem a lot more poratble and less hassle with no hoses etc, but im not ure if they will do such a good job.

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
Also anyone used the atlas petrol breakers, and if so whats your opinion. They do seem a lot more poratble and less hassle with no hoses etc, but im not ure if they will do such a good job.
As you're having no luck here, I can only tell you the petrol breaker I've used about 8-10 years ago and I don't know if there're any better now but I've found the petrol engine get quite hot and the heat rise to your face and plus the petrol vapour, also a bit of nuisance is to keep an eye on the petrol tank level and the oil. I have used a air compressor many times and founded they seem to be more powerful because of the more air pressure plus you can fit many difference type of air tools to it, the hoses can a nuisance though. I'm not really up to date on the latest model, you could ask the hire shop for their opinions because they need reliability for the hire purpose. Have you thought about the mini digger with the breaker in your line of work? No good if you can't get access to the job though.

Cheers masona, at least ive got one answer. Your answer regarding the petrol versions is pretty much what i thought. Access is the main bugger with diggers, and the damage they cause as well. It looks like its going to be hydraulic as they pack a hell of a lot more punch than electric, but they are a little cumbersome and there is the servicing as well.

cheers mate ;)
praise2.gif

Thermo said:
Access is the main b*****r with diggers,
I hired one when I did my extension footing and this one was 700mm (27 1/2") Even smaller enough go into the front door :!: never thought about the damage they cause, maybe plenty of plywoods to protect the ground if needed. I think they are about 1.5 to 2 tonne, it's lot of weight

Sponsored Links
i do use them from time to time, but they can be more grief than they are worth, especially on small jobs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back