Concrete curing membrane products

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can get a decent anti-evaporation/curing membrane to use once the concrete for my slab has been finished ? I won't be screeding, so I need a good strong finish on the slab, but for whatever reason I cannot find many curing membrane products out there. There is Ronacrete from screedgiant.co.uk but the delivery is a whooping £45 for a 5L litre product that only costs 14 quid!

Sponsored Links
Phone Hope / Breedon.
Though you want to power float it rather then spray a membrane on unless you have a scc. But even then giving it a mist with the hose does just as good.

I use larsen acraseal. Delivery will be a problem due to the nature of the chemicals being classed as hazardous by some couriers.

Is the concrete going to be powerfloated and left as the finished flooring? If not its really not necessary.

+1 you can use a wb sealer as well.
The ones you use for stone tiles work as well.

Sponsored Links
I use larsen acraseal. Delivery will be a problem due to the nature of the chemicals being classed as hazardous by some couriers.

Is the concrete going to be powerfloated and left as the finished flooring? If not its really not necessary.
Thanks - do you know of any distributers on the mainland?

It's going to be bull floated, and then finished with a swimming pool trowel, and then the membrane sprayed.

+1 you can use a wb sealer as well.
The ones you use for stone tiles work as well.
Are you sure?

Are you sure?
Yes I phoned LTP tech and they said you can use it, but give them a phone and ask for their recommendation.
It's still going to cost you ~£50 for 5l though.

Sorry I'm in northern Ireland. They do have some mainland uk distributers but don't know any. Try ringing them, they have a depot in belfast and are very helpful.

The Larsen stuff is acrylic and id imagine a very similar make up to Thompsons water seal.

Do you intend to put a further sealing product on top for the long term?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back