Concrete fence post fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone advise me how to attach a concrete fence post (slotted for a panel) to a brick wall. Alternatively, can you purchase a concrete fence post with pre-drilled holes at right angles to the fence slots?
Regards Malcolm

Sponsored Links
why do you want to attach a concrete post to a brick wall?

If the answer is "to put a fence panel in" then fix a wooden post to the wall, and use galvanised panel clips. Raise the bottom of the post off the ground to prevent rot.

Hi
Can anyone advise me how to attach a concrete fence post (slotted for a panel) to a brick wall. Alternatively, can you purchase a concrete fence post with pre-drilled holes at right angles to the fence slots?
Regards Malcolm

If you really want to attach it to the wall then just drill holes in it! Make sure you put a few washers between post and wall though.

I'd go with JohnD's suggestion though but make sure you space it from the wall.

Sponsored Links
I have fixed these posts (not the H type but the end type) to brick walls a few times using Raw bolts. You drill a 10mm hole in the post and a 8mm hole in the brick wall and the bolt makes its own thread in the 8mm hole as you twist it in with a socket wrench or spanner. most builders yards supply these type bolts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back