Concrete floor - damproof after laying new pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dont think I do but...

The heating pipes had been layed direct into the concrete with no protection.... the new boiler found the weak points... thank god it was before we had fitted the new Bathroom / kitchen etc.
Have chopped channels into the floor screed down to the slab below for new pipe runs. Around the edge of the property I have found some plastic sheeting under the screed. Assume this to be where it has been folded over the slab edge. Under the 4 inch breeze block walls built on top of the screed there is a damp proof membane which has been damaged whilst chanelling under the wall.

Would welcome advice on what i should do. A mate (some building experience) suggests adding liquid membrane into the channels before laying the new heating pipework? i dont think its necessary?
Under the walls - should a take out some mortar and slide another piece of membrane in? Is it required as the slab has a membrane under it already? If yes - best way to do this?

Thanks for looking

Sponsored Links
Not sure I can attempt an answer but :

!) What material are the heating pipes ?
2) Are they meant to be heating the floor ( UFH ) or not ?

What do you mean "the new boiler found the weak points " ?

Sponsored Links
Going with plastic to feed the radiators.

Weak points where due to original copper not being protected in the screed when installed. Lime had eaten into the copper.... leaks! New pressurised system showed all the probs with damp patches in numerous places so renewing the lot.

Hope that makes better sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back