Concrete floor paint - Leyland v's Watco ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am going to try painting the screed in the shop I am developing - it's 85 square metres and any other floor covering is out of budget . . . . so, I need a darkish red colour - and Watco seem to do just what i need . . .

http://www.watco.co.uk/watco-matt-concrete-floor-paint.html

anyone used this stuff before?

my other option seems to be Leyland - cheaper,but? . . . .

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/52442...eyland-Heavy-Duty-Floor-Paint-2-5Ltr-Tile-Red

any/all input gratefully recieved!

thanks

Huey

Sponsored Links
Hi theflyingpig,

Within that price range floor paints are all pretty much the same in performance terms, but if it is price that is really concerning you then you should use a paint called 7100 Industrial Floor Paint.

Below is a link that may help with loads of great info on how to prepare and apply the paint.

http://www.promain.co.uk/product/En...nt_for_Concrete_Timber_and_Steel_id140_clid51

hope this helps,

good luck.

That`s a useful link - I thought you were a Barbarian, but you`re a Gent, Onin ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Alexsurrey, well I spoke to Watco today and I'm glad I did - apparently alot of concrete paints are not so good on screeds and so they reccomended sealing the floor then using ashfelt paint. gawd knows, but I'll find out soon enough! cheers

Hi!

Thanks for the reply, I think you just saved me from a big disaster!
Hopefully I will find a suitable solution!

Thanks again

no problem - I put the sealant down the day before yesterday and am just waiting until its definitely cured before starting with the paint . . .will keep you posted.

Huey

Hi,

Did anything come of this? Which was better?

And how come you were painting on to asphalt?

I'm planning a similar project in the near future.

Thanks,

the product i used was roughly the same (about £80 - £90 including VAT) but it was a couple of years ago. wish i could remember the name as the finish was excellent and very hard wearing. i used it in a food storage warehouse which had a lot of traffic.

Hi i used the leyland in my motorcycle workshop and it looks good and offers reasonable protection, my only downside is when i lift a bike on it centrestand it marks the floor (but i should use a bit of ply really)

Went on good with rollers and i am generally pleased with it.

Cheers

I've picked up some International floor paint, but my garage has some gouges in the concrete floor (some from cemtrestands). What's a good way to repair these and trowel smooth, before painting, that will be hard and not flake or come out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back