concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again.
I have got up to damp proof level on an extension i am building.
My next step is to dig out for the floor and then install the hardcore sand DPC, insulation and finally concrete. the problem is access is difficult to the back of my house where the extension is.
I wanted to pour the concrete (ready mixed) into barrows and then barrow it round the back.
Can i fill lay the concrete in two halfs? basically, boarding one half off theen laying one side, letting it dry then the other half.....will this be acceptable or will the joint be weak?.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not the best scenario, ideally pour in one shot. Have you got a truck mounted concrete mixer local. We use one that even comes with 2 polish guys and barrows then take to any where you wish. They deliver faster than you can level it. all for about £100/m3. Ready mix trucks have a max on site time, unless your good/fit you might run out of time.

You really don't want to do it in two halfs. How big is it anyway? As for the time needed you can just pay for the extra waiting time with a ready mix outfit. I have had trucks there for 45 mins before and given the driver 20 quid and everyones happy. Or the bigger outfits will have a set price guide for waiting times. Just try and rope in as many people as you can.

That said if its that big you could consider pumping it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back