Concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a rough concrete workshop floor, the kind that has the aggregate showing. It's very old and solid concrete, but I need to smooth it over without putting a covering on top, and keeping the thickness down to a minimum. It needs to be tough and hard wearing.
Can anyone help me with the ideal solution? Is there a hard wearing version of the self levelling compound available? Or is a concrete based screed the only sensible option?
If I have to go with concrete, what's the thinnest I could lay it and what's the ideal mix.
Thanks for any help and advice.
Kevin.

Sponsored Links
a neighbour of mine put self levelling compound and then the hard finish floor paint, certainly looks good and he has had it down for a few years now. I cant recommend any particular levelling compound though.

Take a look on f.ball web site. They do a few Screeding compinds for garage floors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back