Concrete flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a building regs requirement to insulate a concrete floor in any way? Builder put down a waterproof membrane but thats about it, is that enough?

Sponsored Links
Yes its for an extension. What do you mean my most is not usefull, I'm looking for help here. What additional information do you require?

I mean I had to ask what kind of building the floor was poured for. Now we know its an extension we can ask:

1) Is there any insulation under the slab?
2) Have you asked your builder?
3) Is the floor finish to be boards or a screed?
4) What depth have you between the top of the concrete and the finished floor level in the existing building?
5) Are you doing this to building regs?
6) What do the drawings say?

Typically you'd expect approx. 90mm of rigid insulation such as Kingspan or Celotex for an extension to a dwelling depending on the perimeter and area of the extension.

Sponsored Links
Is there a building regs requirement to insulate a concrete floor in any way? Builder put down a waterproof membrane but thats about it, is that enough?

The builder may intend fitting insulation above the slab.

As Freddy has said, your o.p. is bereft of information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back