Insulating Concrete Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, am buildinga new extension and doing a concrete floor instead of an elevated wood floor that I have in the current house. Will have the concrete floor screeded. Do building regs require a layer of insulation of some sort before or after screeding or is the use of a waterproof membrane enough to satisfy regs? thanks

Sponsored Links
As mentioned you will need insulation, somthing like 90mm of rigid insulation Kingspan or Celotex or similar below the screed. Exact thickness will depend on the floor area/perimeter http://www.insulation.kingspan.com/uk/pdf/tf70.pdf

To be frank, if you need to ask such a basic question you should really do a bit of research on the regs before you become unstuck. :idea: ;)

To be frank, if you need to ask such a basic question you should really do a bit of research on the regs before you become unstuck. :idea: ;)

I've often wondered that too.

I would have thought that people either have a detailed drawing or alternatively have a clue, and have done a bit of planning prior to starting to dig!

But I applaud the enthusiasm to just get stuck in :LOL:

I recall a guy on uk.d-i-y (google groups) who literally asked hundreds of questions at each stage of the extension build, and built his extension off the back of everyones answers. It got a bit tiresome, but fairplay, he now posts and helps others out following his experience.

Sponsored Links
I recall a guy on uk.d-i-y (google groups) who literally asked hundreds of questions at each stage of the extension build, and built his extension off the back of everyones answers. It got a bit tiresome, but fairplay, he now posts and helps others out following his experience.

Yeah well, we all gotta start someplace! :rolleyes:

You saved me a lot of bother looking through the build. regs online with the link to the Type of kingspan to look for. I needed similar info for my boy`s ( tiny) extension and tho` I`ve been around building work for years, you don`t get all the lowdown if you`re a services fitter (plumber). Genuine Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back