concrete for shed base daft question

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
hello, we are making a base for a wooden building in the garden. At present we are filling the space up with all the hardcore we can find. I have a quote for readymix and its 400 quid for 3.6m3 but do they assume you are putting hardcore in or not? it I put loads in will I have paid for too much concrete? ta.

Sponsored Links
They assume that you want the amount of concrete you have ordered!

Your average garden building would have a 100mm thick concrete base. 3.6 cube is 36sq/m at 100m thick so unless your building is 6mx6m your have gone wrong somewhere.

If it is 6x6m then you should consider getting someone in to lay it for you or at least break it into 2 seperate 3m x6m bays which will allow you to have a shutter board down the middle to help with levelling/tamping.

You order concrete by volume required so calculate how much you need after you have finished chucking in hardcore.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back