Concrete Post in middle of a paving slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 4 concrete posts (7ft 9in to fit a 6ft fence Panel) to put in, but one needs to go roughly in the middle of a paving slab which also acts as a base for a Keter shed (plastic base).

Would I take the slab up, dig the hole and fit the post and then try and cut the slab to fit back back in place and under the shed.
Or could I cut a hole big enough for the post through the existing slab without disturbing the shed?.
I would probably crack the slab as I have not done this before anyway.

New to this so might be way off the mark with my thoughts!.

Thanks for any info.

Attachments

• slab.jpg
    slab.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 261
Sponsored Links
I would cut the slab leaving the bit that the shed is on. Trying to cut a hole out of the middle with probably break it so slice off about 1/4 and lift the rest. The dig your hole and set the post and then cut in the flag you lifted to fit around the post.

I would cut the slab leaving the bit that the shed is on. Trying to cut a hole out of the middle with probably break it so slice off about 1/4 and lift the rest. The dig your hole and set the post and then cut in the flag you lifted to fit around the post.

Thanks r896neo, would a circular saw be the best tool cutting the slab? Not done this before.

Sponsored Links
A stihl saw is safest and best. Hire it for the day and you can use it to trim your posts to the correct height too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back