Concrete slab cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to have a concrete slab laid in my garden to put a log cabin onto. The garden area is uneven needing a little bit of levelling but this aside what would be a reasonable price to lay the slab onto limestone scalping at 3" deep and the slab at 4" deep please. The slab is approx' 4.1m x 5.3m and involves wheel barrow ready mix about twenty five metres from lorry to site. Thank you for any guides offered.
My location is Suffolk.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for replies and information, much appreciated. The digging out aspect is very minimal so I can DIY that, thanks again. :)

Sponsored Links
If you're looking to save money then the oversight scalping is pretty easy too....probably about 3-4 ton of scalps should see you good - all you need is a wheel barrow and a rake.

As for the cost of the concrete - a little over 2 cubic metres - if you don't regularly buy concrete then expect to pay c£1-110.00 per metre - may be worth using a volumetric company as you only pay for what you use, so if you are under or over in your estimation it doesn't mater.

The pour could be done in 2 ways

1) Pump - cost c 260 (plus concrete) - be over in about 10 minutes and won;t do yer back in.
2) Get 3 blokes in for half a day to run it and tamp it up. c£400

So Jeds's estimate of 1250 isn't far off if you bring in the scalps and digging.

Good luck

Was in reference to the OP's intention to use Limestone Scalpings for his base. Other bases such as MOT Type 1 may also be used....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back