Concrete Slotted posts Need help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Would like to put up concrete slotted posts, wooden fence with Concrete gravel boards, but have a problem there's a concrete wall along the garden about 1ft high and 18" wide dont know how deep the foundation is. is there any why to fix the post to the concrete was thinking of Bolt-down bases but would this be strong enough. could anyone help :confused:
Thanks Ivor

Sponsored Links
no they wont be strong enough in any way shape or form. only way to do it is to kango through the foundations for the post holes.

Thanks Thermo thought as much, is there any way to make a hole big enough to put the posts into the concrete, or i could put the posts in front of the concrete, just trying to think of an easy way to do it ;)
Thanks Ivor

most garden walls have very shallow foundations. Hire a decent breaker and it will go through them in no time. Once through you can dig the hole easily. It will also act to give greater stability around the post once the concrete is poured.

You could move the fence away from the wall, depends how much land you want to use

Sponsored Links
Thanks again its going to be a big job i have 17 fences to put up :( wonder if i could break enough out just to put the posts in then just repair the wall :confused:

if your only going through the foundation, then you should be able to break through it to create pockets to get the posts through, without damaging the wall. (depending on what the all is like!)

What's this concrete wall all about anyway?

A solid reinforced concrete strip? Or concrete blocks?

18" wide would certainly be strong enough to bolt down into, but you will have to use timber posts, and you can do away with the gravel board as the bottom of the fence will not be in contact with the ground.

What's this concrete wall all about anyway?

A solid reinforced concrete strip? Or concrete blocks?

18" wide would certainly be strong enough to bolt down into, but you will have to use timber posts, and you can do away with the gravel board as the bottom of the fence will not be in contact with the ground.

Hi Deluks its a concrete strip not sure if its reinforced, its been there along time, a friend of mine has offered to lend me a kango, so i can knock it down level first, then try to make pockets for the posts to sit in :)

i wouldnt even contemplate using the bolt down posts, even with timber, theyre crap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back