Concurrent sentences

When a person gets a long sentence, ie 15 yrs/ life, you are allowed to go off the rails for a few yrs.
After that, you "accept" your sentence and are expected to, cool down, anything before your acceptance', is normally "dropped", say you was given extra time for beating an officer, is normally dealt with indoors, obviously depending on the seriousness of the offence, then it all gets forgot about, and you original sentence is back to normal
These pair of ****ers are dangerous,

They have nothing to lose by stabbing a screw to death, they know the chance of them getting out are very slim, so we don't annoy them by giving them a bigger sentence.

What should of happened, is give them only 20 yrs at the beginning, so they could see a chance of seeing their release date.

Then take it away when they get a bit older, like they did with myra hindley.

Sponsored Links
35 years is one hell of a long time to be incarcerated and, over that time, people change ... Anyone here heard of the term rehabilitation?

MW

Like John says, they're not going to rehabilitate in a hurry if they know they can knife other prisoners and effectively get away with it.

Were they to do it again would they get another 4 year term? to be served concurrently with their existing 4 year concurrent to the original 35 year sentence?

Why doesn't this work with fines? It would be nice to receive a parking fine for £80 to be paid concurrently with an existing previous recent parking fine.

Never mind wasting money sending people to court who are already in prison, they should put them in 'the hole' (Whatever that may be, seen it in films)

What should of happened, is give them only 20 yrs at the beginning, so they could see a chance of seeing their release date.
Then take it away when they get a bit older, like they did with myra hindley.
The Myra Hindley case isn't a great advert for how prisoner's sentences should be managed.

Her sentence was increased from life to a minimum of 30 years by the Home Secretary more to appease public sensibilities and further the Government's own agenda than any legal argument.

Don't get me wrong, I would have hung the witch myself but Judges should pass sentences on us during trial sentencing and not have flexi-sentencing set by politicians working to their own agendas.

Her sentence should have been set as a minimum 30 years by the judge IMO.

MW

The Myra Hindley case isn't a great advert for how prisoner's sentences should be managed.

Why not? she behaved for so long, expecting to get out, then she got kicked in the ****,

whats wrong with that.

Sponsored Links
You are right if MW's post is read by itself.

But if you read it in the context of the entire thread, which you should have done. then you are wrong.

It could be read one way only, if you wish to make assumptions, that is your prerogative..................... :p

It could be read one way only
Never the case with the English language ... Full of ambiguities.

This is only true for people with limited intellect and/or a closed mind ... Which are you Trazor?

MW

megawatt, again you start to insult people,when we were merely discussing a point of grammar.

You lower yourself each time it happens.

Hmmmnnnn ... Obviously both in your case.

MW
(Now clearly lower than a snakes belly in a wagon wheel rut as far as Trazor is concerned)

I've always thought so but, having read Trazor's posts lately, I've realised that my intellect (in comparison) is limitless :LOL:

Sorry megga, your intellect is lamentable.

I'm a bright kid.

Can't wait for puberty. Is it all it's cracked up to be?

Sponsored Links
Back