Soft Touch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So a guy was sentenced yesterday for repeatedly raping his two daughters over a 25 year period, sometimes as often as once every three days and getting them pregnant 19 times, 9 times resulting in a child being born. They were so desperate they offered to pay him to stop and kept supplying him with whiskey in the hope he'd drink himself to death. He's got a life sentence and the judge says he should serve 19.5 years at least.

I know this doesn't mean he will necessarily be realeased in 19.5 years but try as i might i can't bring myself to agree that he should have any chance of ever getting his freedom back.

Do people think that a LIFE sentence should mean you spend the rest of your life in prison?

Sponsored Links
Life to me is life & the insurance companies do, dont they, or do they pay out when you are only a little bit dead. Mmmm

What's the point of calling it life it it doesn't mean life?

If someone has committed such a heinous crime that the judge feels fit to impose a life sentence then that person should not leave prison unless they are cold and in a pine box.

E and OE which is why I don't believe in the death penalty.

Early release is a joke too, instead of letting them out early for good behaviour, the system should be that they are held longer for particularly bad behaviour. So a ten stretch means ten years, plus a bit more if you don't behave. Not reduced to five years just because you didn't slash someone's throat.

I agree, life should mean life. The reason they do this is quite simple: avoids too much in the way of appeals.

If someone is locked up *for life*, they will appeal as early and as often as possible. They have nothing to lose.

The other argument is that it's to save money, but whilst I don't support the death penalty (simply because many such convicts have a habit of being found innocent posthumously) I'm all for forced labour. Make them pay their way through prison.

And make prison more like Colchester while you're at it (the military prison, not the town in Essex - that would be inhumane!) ;)

Sponsored Links
And make prison more like Colchester while you're at it (the military prison, not the town in Essex - that would be inhumane!) ;)

I think being forced to live out their days in Colchester Town would increase the chance that they would all top themselves. Yet more money to be saved! :evil:

I also think Dirty Dozen style suicide missions should be an option. Actually don't give them the option, just give them loads of grenades and parachute them into Taliban positions. :LOL:

I also think Dirty Dozen style suicide missions should be an option. Actually don't give them the option, just give them loads of grenades and parachute them into Taliban positions. :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I have to admit, this made me laugh. Nice one Deluks. :D

Well, according to QI (so it must be true), one tribe from Vietnam would press convicts into military service. Their role was to stand in the front row, then at the start of the battle they would cut off their own heads. :eek: Thus making the opposing side absolutely s**t themselves.

The incentive they were given towards self-decapitation was this: if you DON'T cut your own head off, we'll kill you anyway and then brutally murder your entire family.

A little more extreme than the Dirty Dozen or the A-Team, but it probably did the trick.

Agree with others here , they shouldn't use the term "life sentence" when in fact it means only a few years.
The laws an ass.

How do you cut off your own head without collapsing halfway through the procedure? Must lay head on mitre saw and pull smartly downwards mind you mitre saws are now very cheap minus 2. 5 % .

I don't think

As one door shuts another one closes

Im not sure what you mean Libby Lou Lou. :confused:
Can you explain please?.
Yrs behind?.
Do you mean years behind? Regarding law I probably am but a life sentence should mean behind bars until death IMO.

Put a bloke in prison for "life" this way the tax money that could be used to help find a cure for diseases or feed the hungry or house the homeless is used to keep a person in prison where they are now a threat to the prison guards and can always get out for "good behavior" or some loop hole in the law.

It cost over $75,000 a year to keep someone in prison, free food ,free medical, colour TV in some prisons and the list goes on as these fine inmates become a finical burden to society.

Here a country like China puts a 38 caliber bullet behind the gentleman's head and the next of kin pays for the bullet.

Now suppose they take the lifer and use them for body parts for deserving people and hook up the body to be used as a blood bank for the troops, Take their lungs/ heart/ liver/ kidney / cornea / bone marrow and do some good with these rotten souls.

Imagine all the lives that could saved by using the body parts of criminals that are beyond redemption.

It is far better to have a gun and not need it ... Then need a fire arm and not have one

Move along Sylvan. :rolleyes:
Shouldn't you be out on the interstate burning precious fuel in your 5 mpg pick up blasting hoodlums with your 12 guage?

Sponsored Links
Back