Condensation AFTER installing a PIV System

Yup, I get that. The only way I can see that being a problem is if the PIV is putting too much airflow into the house and rather than it escaping through trickle vents it’s sneaking it’s way through the lights as well.

There was no condensation in the loft prior to the PIV being fitted.

Loft hatch is well sealed.

Sponsored Links
The air will find the route of least resistance. If there are downlights in the ceiling near the PIV inlet then they are likely to provide that easy route. The PIV installation instructions will include the need to seal holes in the ceiling.

The air will find the route of least resistance. If there are downlights in the ceiling near the PIV inlet then they are likely to provide that easy route. The PIV installation instructions will include the need to seal holes in the ceiling.
Yeah the instructions do say to ensure gaps in ceilings are well sealed. The lights all have a rubber gasket, but I don’t know how I’d seal them any better than that. Is there a reversible (ie not gluing) way of doing this?

There are products available to seal spotlights, usually to provide fire resistance. There's an example here.

Personally I fitted lights that have a sealed glass cover.

abc.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could buy a bunch of smoke hoods at modest cost. You can put insulation on top of them if you have LEDs, they do not get very hot.

The fire resisting ones are preferable, I can't find any economy ones today

It's possible to make open-ended cubes out of plasterboard if you have it to hand.

Edit
Too slow!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back