Condensation discharge pipe

J

JMLanders

Hi everyone. This winter, like many people I'm sure, my condensation pipe got frozen up as it ran outside the house. It is currently 32mm, bossed into the soil stack. Is it OK for me to upgrade this to 40mm by myself, or do I have to get a proper gas man to do it for me?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Its OK to DIY it. Would be better if you could route the pipe inside the house though, to a sink waste or similar.

Its OK to DIY it. Would be better if you could route the pipe inside the house though, to a sink waste or similar.
Wish I could, but it's not possible (brick wall, new fitted kitchen, wife, etc... :LOL: :LOL: )

Brick walls and fitted kitchens are easy to deal with! ;)

You may get away with insulating the 32mm pipe instead, but a new 40mm pipe might look better.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: CONGRATULATIONS - YOU ARE THE WINNER OF MY 1000th POST :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool::cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
OP, where about did the pipe freeze.... Last Winter I spent a fair old bit of time defrosting pipes which were 32mm on the outsde but as soon as it entered the wall, reduced to 21mm overflow pipe where it froze in the wall... Presumably the original installer was either too lazy to core the wall or too tight to buy a core drill

OP, where about did the pipe freeze.... Last Winter I spent a fair old bit of time defrosting pipes which were 32mm on the outsde but as soon as it entered the wall, reduced to 21mm overflow pipe where it froze in the wall... Presumably the original installer was either too lazy to core the wall or too tight to buy a core drill
21mm goes into a washing machine trap internally, which goes through the wall in 40mm before taking a 90 reduced to 32mm along the wall into the stack about 3m away. Partly my own fault - I managed to crack a couple of supporting brackets last year and never got round ....(you know how it is).

Sag in the pipe was sufficient to create the problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back