Condensation from cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently tiled floor with BAL rapidflex adhesive and superflex floor grout. The new toilet cistern gathers condensation (cold mains water, cools moisture from the air) which then drips onto the floor. Directly underneath this is one of the grout lines, which is therefore pretty much continuously wet.
Given the grout and adhesive aren't actually waterproof, just resistant, how much of a problem is this, and what can I do about it? Plumbing the cistern into the hot water supply isn't an option!

Sponsored Links
I read on another forum that someone insulated their wc cistern inside using a yoga mat,not sure how they fixed it.

I tried the yoga mat insulation, took me 1.5 hours to do used Ct1 to stick yoga mat down.
made no difference, still have the same problem.
I may try doubling the insulation with laminate underlay over the yoga mat and see if that works.

The yoga mat worked in my bathroom. I made sure to seal all the seams so no water could get between mat and cistern. The mat was about 5mm thick.

Sponsored Links
Recently tiled floor with BAL rapidflex adhesive and superflex floor grout. The new toilet cistern gathers condensation (cold mains water, cools moisture from the air) which then drips onto the floor. Directly underneath this is one of the grout lines, which is therefore pretty much continuously wet.
Given the grout and adhesive aren't actually waterproof, just resistant, how much of a problem is this, and what can I do about it? Plumbing the cistern into the hot water supply isn't an option!

It sounds like your bathroom extractor fan is ineffective. What model is it, and when is it used?

Plumb it into the hot water supply, you'll never get condensation.;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back