Condensation in basement room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hoping others have experiance of this and can advise. I have a basement room that has a window in it (not opened much) and there is a build up of condensation in a couple of the corners causing the wall and celing to get damp there. The air also smells a bit musky.

Im planning to start using it as a bedroom and so need it to be condensation free. I know opening the window will improve the position but in the cold winter months I dont want to be opening the window or when its raining. So Im looking to put in a mechanical system that will ventilate the room. Ive been looking around and found the Kair Heat Recovery Room Ventilator K-HRV150/12RH unit. It looks quite good as it stops cold air getting in when changing the air - as air bricks or other ventilation units would do.

Question is does anyone have any experiance of using this unit or a similar unit? Is there something better on the market that i should look at instead that does not bring in cold air?

I would appreciate your thoughts and advice

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Seems to be as good an option as any.

My parents live in a solid walled house and each of the bedrooms have manual ventilation holes, they get rather cold in the winter, so looks like this solution would be ideal

Hi

Hoping others have experiance of this and can advise. I have a basement room that has a window in it (not opened much) and there is a build up of condensation in a couple of the corners causing the wall and celing to get damp there. The air also smells a bit musky.

Im planning to start using it as a bedroom and so need it to be condensation free. I know opening the window will improve the position but in the cold winter months I dont want to be opening the window or when its raining. So Im looking to put in a mechanical system that will ventilate the room. Ive been looking around and found the Kair Heat Recovery Room Ventilator K-HRV150/12RH unit. It looks quite good as it stops cold air getting in when changing the air - as air bricks or other ventilation units would do.

Question is does anyone have any experiance of using this unit or a similar unit? Is there something better on the market that i should look at instead that does not bring in cold air?

I would appreciate your thoughts and advice

Thanks

Did you go down the route of installing the ventilator? I am doing something similar so would be good to have your thoughts on if it was worthwhile.
Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back