Condensation in bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have condensation in my bedroom the wall and floor over at that side is frozen cold and a day or two after wiping the walls with mould killer it re-appears. I need to redecorate and looking to find out the best kind to stop this happening and make it easy to wipe clean.

Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
Stop drying washing on the radiator.

Sponsored Links
If i remember write , you asked about ..DAMP BATHROOM WALL AND PAINTING..Dated FEB 13th with no follow up.

It seems you have a big problem, if you. READ.. that blog and see whether there are any of those answers relevant to your problem .

If not to save painting the walls with all those fancy products and you are leaving washing every where, i would get youself a condensing dryer and have a fan fitted, if you have a..FLAT.. like wise if it is a.. HOUSE .

Thanks everyone

I do not hang clothes in either room, the heating is storage heaters so I dont hang anything on the radiators either as I cant. There is nothing up against these walls so they are not getting any circulation.. both rooms have vents on windows open and windows opened for a few hours each morning. Bathroom has a fan which is switched on when using the bathroom for showers and baths. I managed to dry the bathroom wall up with a portable radiator but I do suspect that it is external as it was at its worse when we had a few days rain. Had a inspector out again who isn't concerned in the slightest about these problems! I will read through the links posted and update

blah blah blah
Yes a crap gimmick, if you honestly think that a physics defying layer of 3.5mm can do all it claims you're off your trolley, I have no respect for any of the reviews on a B&Q website if you do, good for you. The OP has problems that won't be solved by adding some wallpaper. Please go ahead and use your super wallpaper and report back that it has solved all your problems, if it solves your problem then surely it is a very easy and economical solution?

Please accept my apologies though for my poor grammar, my suggestion to use the search facility was aimed only at the OP not yourself, you are clearly already a lost cause.

So instead of flaming the OP, why not suggest a solution?

Either get a dehumidifier (noisy, expensive) or dry line the walls.

It's condensation and that is created by the OP. (Or lack of membrane in the floor).

Having just realized this morning that the one wall that is freezing cold with the condensation problem, which is the external wall and concrete, it does not have lining paper up. It is the only wall in that room that doesn't! Could a thick lining paper help? I understand that condensation happens when you have such a cold wall and the moisture in the air hits off it as well as the warm heat from the hall etc and turns in to these black mould spores?? correct me if I am wrong. So with a thick lining paper the wall wouldn't be as cold, right?

Thick lining paper would make a very marginal difference.

The best way to make the wall warm would be using 50mm insulated plasterboard. Lining paper would be lass than 1mm so you can work out how effective it is likely to be.

If you throw a some money at this you can fix the problem for ever, or you can try lots of little things which won't make any noticeable difference.

You have all the advice you need now, you just need to take it or leave it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back