Condensation in Bungalow Corner - Felt touching Brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Following a mould/condensation heavy winter, i've spend the last few months trying to improve the ventilation in the loft through pulling back the loft insulation and installing loft vent trays, and installing tile vents.

However, i've not come across a suitable way to address 2 corners that I and other similarly built bungalows on the estate have problems with, which I believe is caused by the internal of the cavity walls being too tall and therefore touching the roofing felt.
IMG_3359.JPG 1-IMG_3356-001.JPG

I'm not sure if the best approach is to take the corner of the brick, but nervous that that's sounds like a simple task, but not sure of the possible repercussions if i get it wrong.

Other than lifting the roof, is there any alternative?

I'm not sure if the work i've done to date will prevent (rather than just reduce the risk of) this causing a problem in the future, but trying to plan ahead while i'm able to work in the loft before it's all re-insulated to 300mm.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back