condensation in dg unit

yep, it fixes the problem of misting, and much cheaper than buying and fitting a new unit.

so, problem solved.

but you won't have it.

No, because the original question was 'is it possible to reseal a d/g unit?' - answer 'no'

Sponsored Links
ah, so you're focussing on the "question" and ignoring the "problem"

it fixes the problem of misting, and much cheaper than buying and fitting a new unit.

so, problem solved.

Well if I ask a question I expect someone to answer it. However if I ask for opinions on how to fix something then I expect those opinions to be forthcoming.

The OP was a direct question which deserved a direct answer.

Sponsored Links
The important part is when the dgu leaves the glass shop it is a 'sealed unit'.....the clue is in the name!

JohnD may well have drilled a hole and dried the unit out but it now isn't a sealed unit is it, you may not have any condensation within the cavity anymore but neither do you have any of the properties or benefits of a sealed unit, the bare minimum ATM to meet current regs is 'C' rating, a drilled unit wouldn't get anywhere near that and if you put your house on the market any surveyor worth his salt would pick up on it as they should a condensated unit................as it ain't SEALED anymore!

but I have cured the misting problem, and since the cavity is full of still air, it continues to give heat insulation.

That's fine. It is better than having a window full of mist and water droplets.

I had a car once that had a misfire so i took the engine out, problem now is my car doesn't work

How very unlike my window, which is still fitted, still works, and is free of mist.

What a shame you weren't able to do anything to your engine that made the car usable.

Your sealed unit is not a sealed unit anymore, you have removed the most fundamental part of an insulated sealed unit.

As for my car well it'll never misfire again, shame its not a car anymore either though ;)

"the most fundamental part of an insulated sealed unit"

is a pocket of still air between the panes, and it is still present.

A very important feature of any window in that it offers unobstructed vision. This is a feature which my window has, and a misted window doesn't.

Nowdays the most fundemental part of the unit is theargon, krypton or zenon that they fill the cavity with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back