Condensation on bedroom wall creating damp and mould

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the subject suggests my bedroom wall (next to bathroom) is damp. Have worked out it is due to interior condensation rather than exterior damp. Treated walls with anti-damp paint (when i thought it was coming from outside) and now trying to decide what to do. It is only on the two exterior walls which are stone with no cavity.

Someone has suggested putting up a plaster board with insulator already on it and having it skimmed. I have just seen an anti-condensation plaster board.

Any suggestions would be very greatly appriciated.

Help

Sponsored Links
start by reducing the moisture load in the house (e.g. do not drape wet washing about the house, examine bathroom for water leaks from pipes, radiators, drains and shower trays) and improving ventilation (e.g. use bathroom extractor, open windows)

see also //www.diynot.com/wiki/building:condensation_in_houses

thanks for your reply. have done these things for a few months and still have mould coming back. have got a de-humidifier, no longer dry clothes up stairs, close all doors and open window when shower is on.

as we are having to redocorate we wondered if replastering and insulating walls would help or just be a waste of money?

Sponsored Links
As the subject suggests my bedroom wall (next to bathroom) is damp. Have worked out it is due to interior condensation rather than exterior damp. Treated walls with anti-damp paint (when i thought it was coming from outside) and now trying to decide what to do. It is only on the two exterior walls which are stone with no cavity.
Someone has suggested putting up a plaster board with insulator already on it and having it skimmed. I have just seen an anti-condensation plaster board.

Any suggestions would be very greatly appriciated.

Help

which walls are actually damp?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back