condensation on rockwool - need to put up vapour barrier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I have recently insulated my garage with Rockwool. Unfortunately, I have not yet had chance to put the vapour barrier up and there is a bit of condensation on the Rockwool in the ceiling. I am trying to ventilate this as much as possible but opening doors etc but do I have to wait until the Rockwool is completely dry before I put up the vapour barrier or will it be ok to put it up as it is? Not sure I can completely dry this out

Also, can anyone suggest a vapour barrier that I can use from Wickes, b and q etc?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Need a bit more info on the make up of the walls/ceiling both now and what is proposed when finsished

thanks. Essentially half of the garage has been stud walled off, 4x2 for the walls and new 2x7 ceiling joists inter weaved between the current ones. The walls and ceiling are 2 inches from the brick wall and exisiting ceiling, so the new stud frame does not touch the currnet walls or ceiling at all. This is a stand alone stud wall frame.This is a recording studio conversion

thanks. Essentially half of the garage has been stud walled off, 4x2 for the walls and new 2x7 ceiling joists inter weaved between the current ones. The walls and ceiling are 2 inches from the brick wall and exisiting ceiling, so the new stud frame does not touch the currnet walls or ceiling at all. This is a stand alone stud wall frame.This is a recording studio conversion

OK, so if I am reading this right, you are creating a room within your garage that is decoupled as far as possible from the existing structure. Where have you put the rockwool and where do you propose the VCL goes?

Also, what in your opinion caused the condensation on the rockwool?

Sponsored Links
Heating and ventilating the space is the only chance you have to dry this out. Make sure your VB is sealed and taped all over before plasterboarding.

Ideally you need to fit extraction fans, running through some acoustic boxes, but you probably already know this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back