condensation pipe keep freezing!

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

The plastic pipe has a diameter for 37mm and I have had to purchase the closest pipe external pipe lagging size: 40mm.
I've also got 20mm clearance between pipe and wall and hence, opted for the thicker 13mm lagging.

Question: I am happy to slot the lagging over the plastic pipe and tie with the cable ties but I am wondering if there will be a slight weak point where the wall brackets are. I will try to wrap a tie below and above the bracket but would appreciate your thoughts, in case I am missing something.

You can only do your best at prevention... There's no guarantees. It should be fine round the clips... Just make sure your lagging is suitable for outside as the normal foamy stuff just turns to powder after a year or so.

Oh! And the birds seem to love it too :LOL:

Sponsored Links
UPDATE: here’s how the pipe was:

9947CD7C-1FA9-4D52-AFC9-0300951B0B77.jpeg
41436CA4-6A78-4EC9-8086-6B886CCA9248.jpeg

I’ve now wrapped the new lagging around it:
B83B7BC1-1799-4CEA-AAD0-BB2511DFFD1A.jpeg

Not exactly picture-perfect but, functional I hope

the condensate will not have been freezing inside the vertical pipe, it will have been freezing where the condensate pump tubing goes in to the downward pipe, you need to get that sorted properly and not by the idiot that installed it like that

yup +1. Its not the white 32mm pipe that's the issue. It's the 12mm clear pipe from the condensate pump that is coming through the wall that needs sorted.

The 32mm pipe needs to be cut through the wall and run inside and then the clear plastic pipe is connected to it in there. If it was installed like that I would also be looking to see what the 32mm pipe runs into at ground level. It shouldn't just be stuck into the ground, it should be fitted into a plastic soakaway tub that is filled with limestone chips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back