Condensing Boilers - optimum return temp

So you dont mean the boiler adjusts the delta T as you seemed to be implying!

Sponsored Links
well not really...its what you are wanting to see!

I said this:

20c is the maximum most heat exchangers will tolerate, but less is perfectly acceptable.

in fact on some boilers you can alter the delta t you are looking for...on these I bring this down to 5/6c which suits alot of applications...from radiators to UFH in wood

Dan likes to increase his delta T at home. Thats what the OP here wanted to do.

But as the boiler does not directly support that function he needs to fool it!

Tony

Think my application is a little outside the norms....and only for hot water mode now. My boilers HEX is also just coiled corrugated stainless tube so thermal shock is less of an issue than with the giannoni variety.

Besides... That project has moved on a little now ;)

Sponsored Links
When I have time I will experiment with variable speed control for pumps so that I can exactly set the delta T as I want it!

Tony

With my OT controller I have I can't fiddle it nor would I want to...

Why would any one want a larger delta t... ? If you want increased efficiency lower the flow temp, and if you want the flow temp to vary to suit prevailing conditions then use a modulating controller... Simple it is...

a larger delta t does nothing for efficiency...or not very much at most..and just won't be achievable in almost all houses in the UK for many reasons

Much better to use a modulating controller that looks after everything automatically...

When I have time I will experiment with variable speed control for pumps so that I can exactly set the delta T as I want it!

Tony

Will you demonstrate when we next have a curry?

You are my hero. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back