Condron Roof Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to decide which concrete roof tile to fit on my extension.

I need a flat tile as the pitch on my new extn is about 18.5% so I first thought of Marley Modern Old English Dark Red, then a friend said he used a Russell Grampian tile on his extn as they were cheaper but my local Builders Merchant only carry Grey and not the Cottage Red colour that I would need.

So then I went to a smaller roofing supplier who said Roofers have told him that Marley Modern are too brittle and tend to chip on the corner so he sells a Condron tile (made in Ireland) or Redland, both of which resemble the Marley Modern in size and the Red colour.

The Condron are 10p per tile cheaper than the Redland equivalent.

Has anyone any experience of Condron tiles ?

It appears that the Calderdale Rustic and Quinn Western Slate Rustic are other alternatives to the Marley Modern. And the comment that Marley Moderns chip on the corner has now been made by 3 other tile suppliers so I guess they do chip over time.

So it looks like my choices are:
  • Marley Modern Old English Dark Red
  • Russell Grampian Cottage Red
  • Condron Red
  • Redland Red
  • Sandtoft Calderdale Rustic
  • Quinn Western Slate Rustic

Anyone any recommendations for either of those tiles ?
thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back