Conduit and Earthing Cables

R

rjuk

I'm wiring up a new garage in PVC conduit.

I'll be running three circuits down one piece of conduit and I was wondering if it was acceptable for them to share the same earth cable (rather than running 3x2.5mm2 - simply running a single piece) in an effort to comply with the cable capacity of the conduit?

I'm also going to be running some DC control cables in the garage - are the core colours for DC brown/blue or did they remain red/black?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Sponsored Links
no you can not use one earth wire for 3 ccts, and yes dc is red and black, you should not run dc with ac

hmm I was sure there was a reg that allowed it provided the earth wire was sized to meet the requirements for all the circuits.

Sponsored Links
Unearthed DC power circuit new colours Brown and Grey
Negative earthed DC power circuit Brown and Blue

From Table 51 (BS7671:2008)
For control circuits, ELV and other applications. Line conductors Brown, black, red, orange, yellow, voilet, grey, white, pink or turquoise.
For a neutral or mid wire blue (an earthed PELV conductor is blue)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back