Conduit for in plaster

For those wondering.
Cabled up the extractor yesterday, works fine. Put in conduit too, the last 3cm is unprotected as there was a wooden "lintel" in place against the ceiling, but enough room to still put the cables into the attic and hidden once plastered over. If that makes sense? Also couldn't put it where I first wanted due to an unpredicted wooden vertical, unpredicted as I don't know enough about building construction methods.

Was actually quite fun to do. Out of curiosity what material is a dark grey, rough breeze block type material? It's not quite the same material, it's a lot rougher and harder and doesn't turn chalky when broken.

Sponsored Links
There are all sorts of material in use, and even more used in the past. At one extreme is concrete (of various strength grades) to thing like ash from coal power stations (some of those are so soft you have to wonder how a wall stays up !).
For any given type, colour and texture will vary depending on raw materials and manufacturing techniques- which I'd expect to have regional variations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back