Conduit for steel back box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting in underfloor heating in the bathroom. The control switch needs to be on the outside of the bathroom. However it would be easier if I chased & placed the conduit for the wire to the switch on the inside wall of the bathroom. Is this allowed?

Sponsored Links
The switch needs to be out of the zones (ie, out of the bathroom), but the wiring can put into the building fabrication and plastered over etc.....people will say around 50mm deep...but I aint got a regs to hand so I cant quote......(saves redecorating other rooms)

I think I may not have been clear enough. I do want to put the switch on the outside so it's not within any of the zones in the bathroom. However I wanted to run the cable to the switch using a conduit placed vertically in the wall on the inside of the bathroom. So the back bxx and the conduit are on the two opposite sides of the same wall.[/url]

il78

Regs say deeper than 50mm if cables are to be sunk that don't feed equipment in that zone, but as the underfloor heating is in the bathroom and the wiring to be sunk is associated with it, surely it is OK to run the wiring at normal depths?

Also IEE pointed out to me that if u r in zone 3, ordinary switches can be used. Does this apply to the controller?

If it were me, I would err on the side of caution.....just pointing out the regs.

Sponsored Links
tipu - thats fine.....

securespark - wasnt to sure on the size of bathroom, so went for worst case scenario

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back