Conduit threading machine

E

EdwardCurrent

Hello to All.
Whilst working for Clown House some 20 yrs ago I remember we used a threading machine on steel conduit. Since then I have not seen one, but as I am of slight build ( a skinny runt) and not as strong as I used to be, it would be nice to have one. Sometimes I work with tube for weeks on end, and although I get used to it, the tool would be quicker and easier :oops: :oops: .
These machines were 110v and the size of a grinder ???
Does anybody know who makes them etc please ?

Many thanks for any help.

Edward.

Sponsored Links
Seen sprinkler fitters use them, not sure if you can get electrical size dies to fit all of them though.

Sponsored Links
:eek: :rolleyes:

Thanks TTC, a good chuckle to start my Friday.

Maybe I'll dig my Spenby out. ;)

Regards

Ed

The 25mm 'sleeves' that I use nearly scrape on the floor as it is !!! :LOL: :LOL:

Ed

Hello to All.
Whilst working for Clown House some 20 yrs ago

I do like your spelling! Now part of Laing O'Rourk I think. I assume Crown House?

I have worked where we had Plumbers and we got dies for their machine but after a few days of dragging the machine around we returned to manual method especially trying to load it in van every night.

I can't say they are that much faster either. Certainly not the ones I have used. They are also very heavy and cumbersome.

A site we worked on once had a huge machine which has hired - it sat on the floor and could not be moved without a pallet truck or fork lift. You had to place the tube on the stands, clamp it well, and then start the machine. It was very easy, but still took about a couple minutes to do a thread.

image004.jpg

REM's AMIGO..
View media item 4387
got one myself.. ( big job a few years ago, conduit day in and day out for about 3 months.. :rolleyes: )

if I recall it cost me about £450 back then.. ( young and still living with mom and dad, I had to find something to spend my money on.. )

it's ok as long as you use a half decent conduit..
if you buy the cheapest nastiest stuff out, then it's too thin and it cuts the threads too deep... they can snap off when tightening the boxes on..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back