Conduit

If your using 20mm conduit, you need the 20mm spring or you'll end up kinking it.

For 90 degree bends you need the heat to help with the bend or you will snap the conduit into your face which I've done.

I just rub/chinese burn style with one hand on the point of bend and it seems to do the trick.

What I've noticed also is that there are various brands of high impact conduit which are different in respect that they are of a lighter material and bend much easier.

I currently use Mita branded conduit and its great to work with. Tried some of the screwfix conduit one time and it was pure bullwork trying to bend it.

Sponsored Links
Darkness- I am using 25mm and have a plumbers pipe spring for 22mm copper pipe. Not sure what brand my supplier uses but will give it a go (should be interesting) and if its a bitch then will try the Mita stuff. Thanks

If you use marshall tufflex 25mm conduit, use a marshall tufflex spring.

If you use mita 20mm conduit, use a mita spring.

If you use high impact conduit, use a high impact spring.

etc.

etc.

etc.

;)

aaaahhhh said the blind man to the deaf donkey - didn't realise they made specific springs - you learn something new every day!

Sponsored Links
I use a standard 20mm spring I got for a few quid a couple of years ago and I use it for various brands of conduit.

I have also a 25mm spring for the 25mm conduit.

Also if your after neatness / nice finished job when working with conduit, see if you can get your hands on the following kwik-clips.

clip.jpg

Makers of the clips -> http://www.dbmoulders.co.uk/products.php?productgroup=Conduit Clips#

I searched my area for donkeys trying to get them and eventually found them. Most sparky's in my area have now binned the saddle & spacers as tbh they are ugly and hateful things in favour of these kwik-clips as it saves a hell of alot of time, much easier to work with and the finished look is fantastic unlike the saddles.

Most of all, you get a bag of 100 for less than £10 which is nice on the pocket.

Cool thanks - I use clips similar. The only difference is that they dont clip back and lock. I find them easier and as you pointed out neater. On the odd occasion I use the saddles but without the plate as I find they move too much. Life would be easier if you didnt have to use the stuff at all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back