Confirmation on fitting of rose pendant with two cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a new rose pendant in my dining room. I was hoping someone could check that I have wired it in the correct way. Everything works as expected, and I followed the example of another fitting in the hallway, but want to make sure I've not done anything stupid or dangerous.

Picture is attached and hopefully illustrates everything well enough. There are two cables coming into the fitting. One from the switch to power the dining room fitting, and one that then loops to the sitting room fitting to provide power to that light. There is one switch controlling both lights.

Is this wired correctly? I was especially wondering whether I should be using the loop block in the middle for this at all? The similarly wired loop in the hallway does not use the loop block, but it does have two switches which control both lights, so a slightly different setup.

Thanks in advance.

20220102_162624.jpg

Sponsored Links
Only one (very very minor) change I would make.

The two yellow earth wires would be better if they were under the blue wire going down to the lamp.

This is because the brown and blue wire to the lamp will form a slight Y shape and 'could' pull on the earth wires in current layout.

Sfk

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Living down to my moniker and proving I can be a right pedant:
The two yellow earth wires would be better if they were under the blue wire going down to the lamp.

This is because the brown and blue wire to the lamp will form a slight Y shape and 'could' pull on the earth wires in current layout.
I agree the earth wires could be slightly better positioned but as the blue wire goes round the plastic "hook" in the rose, I believe it's more likely to push on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back