Taking two spurs from ceiling rose

@ban-all-sheds, thank you for your valuable input. Once again I highlight that I am NOT an electrician and have only a basic knowledge of wiring. Lighting loops are as alien and complicated to me as manners are to you.

I will never understand why people feel the need to be arrogant, cocky, abusive, sarcastic, smart, belittling or otherwise arsehole-like online. I asked a question of a group of professionals, stating clearly that this is YOUR area of expertise, not mine (after all, if I had the expertise I would not be using a DIY forum).

Sponsored Links
@ban-all-sheds, thank you for your valuable input. Once again I highlight that I am NOT an electrician and have only a basic knowledge of wiring. Lighting loops are as alien and complicated to me as manners are to you.
There was not one single thing in my post which was ill-mannered.

I will never understand why people feel the need to be arrogant, cocky, abusive, sarcastic, smart, belittling or otherwise arsehole-like online.
Please show where anything I wrote could rationally be termed any of those things. Do note, however, that in doing so you may not rely on inventing words I did not write, a "tone"/"style"/"manner" which you cannot hear or see but have decided to invent, nor any invented meaning or "interpretation" other than what the words actually said.

I asked a question of a group of professionals, stating clearly that this is YOUR area of expertise, not mine (after all, if I had the expertise I would not be using a DIY forum).
Indeed.

Please provide a reasoned argument showing why a suggestion that you should increase your level of expertise to the point where it encompasses bog-standard domestic lighting circuits is so unacceptable that you have to react in the way that you did. In doing so it would be useful if you could clarify why you think that learning to improve your skills is counter to the ethos of DIYing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back