Confused about pump positioning in a geothermal water system

Hi, i would place it on the outlet off your second cylinder, as your first cylinder is basically acting as a storage tank only this is preheated first before it reaches the second cylinder. Its a strange set up and why the didnt used unvented pressurised cylinders in the first place. It depends what set up you have to control the water temperture but as above it shouldnt be above 65, i usaully used a blending valve set at 55c as you shouldnt need the water any hotter and will protect the pumps. I also believed the manufacturer request you to fit one tho i might be wrong

Sponsored Links
Yeah I agree that an unvented system would have been preferable, but alas I didnt know a lot about plumbing at the time, and as the original plumber turned out to be a fairly unreliable character we are now trying to improve what can only be described as a fairly miserable system!!! Thanks a million for your advice and help!!

Just had a look and there's absolutely no mention of a blending valve in the MI's.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't fit one, provided the water never goes above 65 degrees, but Irish regulations could possibly say something on the matter. It's possible that Hanns may know more about this as Hanns is in Belfast and I would guess has closer links with Eire than I.

I'll have a look into regulations and hopefully it won't be necessary! The hot water has never been uncomfortably hot in the house so I would imagine it doesn't get up to 65! Thanks again to both yourself mogget, and hanns! Hopefully I'll get the pumps installed tomorrow without any major upsets!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back