confused on which boiler to choose

plantroom";p="1999794 said:
Hey gasafengineer,you're going the same way as commercialman went ,he got banned because he disagreed with some on here who also happen to be moderators,seems these members-mods don't like any new member rockin the boat,funny how commercialman got banned soon after the run-in with Bengasman,to which if you read the thread bengasman was made to look a fool,just like

I do not recall seeing comercialman in the CC , washe banned recently or a while back ??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
some people seem to place the blame for any unreliable boilers on the original installer, giving the impression that anything is reliable as long as its installed correctly.
If that is a reflection on what I said, you kind of missed my point.
It should be interpreted as:

A mediocre boiler installed and maintained to spec will probably be less prone to failure than a top boiler cowboyed on the wall.

If you want a real quality job, you need a good boiler installed by a good RGI.
But that costs money.

Hey gasafengineer,you're going the same way as commercialman went ,he got banned because he disagreed with some on here who also happen to be moderators,seems these members-mods don't like any new member rockin the boat,funny how commercialman got banned soon after the run-in with Bengasman,to which if you read the thread bengasman was made to look a fool,just like the way this thread is looking.
I would guarantee this post along with yours will dissappear within a short space of time and your membership terminated.
Bengasman why do you dis-credit good people on here when you have no clue on what qualifications they may or may not hold? carry on arguing looks like it's going be fun.
All you gas engineers should get along without the bitterness displayed on here.

I thank you for your concerns Plantroom , looking back @ commercialmans posts it does seem he got a raw deal.

surely its a well known fact that the design temperature for living spaces in heat loss calcs is 21 degrees

Well , most RGI will know that , seems this member does not.

Seems ths is what you get when you come into this trade on the back of a mid life crisis. ;)

All these calcs ,one could get a job with Nasser , end of the day custard tells u there to warm / hot = success , not warm enough = failure !

old mears calc -1 outside high scale add a bit, trv job done !

WC if custumers want it so be it , does it save X amount of £ a year maybe , maybe not , all these manu claims who have a finacial interest in producing all of these stastics ( they are salesman) ,take it with a pinch of salt I say !

Vaillant used to tell installers do not use inhibitor on ther combis , now they walk away from any warranty if there is none !
Install over sise rads on condensers ect ect , wc in domestic was installed years ago , solar was fashionable in the 80's ???

years ago we were encouraged to drink lucozade in hosplital now its bad for u , eat an apple a day ect ect !

I don't, and I don't.
Well there you have it , great responce. :LOL: , maybe you are one who is not a RGI. ;)...............or maybe a troll?

What is the point of working out a required mrt when endusers turn the boiler stat anywhere between 50 and 85 and leave it there until the boiler fails or is serviced?

About as much use as trv's that in 99% of cases are either fully open or fully shut.

On the rare occasion that I do an install, I give the client two choices.
All worked out just to the right size, or, for less than 10% extra, they get oversized rads which will warm the room up twice as fast when it is really cold, AND will cope with extreme cold like last 3 winters, AND may even safe some money on the gasbill because the boiler will be more efficient.

Still waiting for the first one that takes the cheaper option.

All these calcs ,one could get a job with Nasser , end of the day custard tells u there to warm / hot = success , not warm enough = failure !

old mears calc -1 outside high scale add a bit, trv job done !
Exactly. Not only that, installations that were installed spot on to the calculations for -1 would have had serious complaints over the past 3 winters.

I do not recall seeing comercialman in the CC , washe banned recently or a while back ??
Apparently he was in there under a different name.
If that rumour is true, then cm is a knowledgeable chap rather than a troll, but suffering from dm's disease.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back