confused on which boiler to choose

surely its a well known fact that the design temperature for living spaces in heat loss calcs is 21 degrees

Well , most RGI will know that , seems this member does not.

I've said it before, but I'll happily say it again:
21K is not an adequate, let alone comfortable temperature for a lounge.
Since it is not available online, the indicated report is of little use as it is not verifyable.

Sponsored Links
21K is not an adequate, let alone comfortable temperature for a lounge.
Si.

Considering mean water temperature is based on 70 flow/50 return & room air temperature of 21 degrees then i suggest you advise your customers to increase boiler temps to 85k when outside temps are below -1 , it's not as if we endure temps below -1 for more than a couple of weeks throughout the heating season. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Considering mean water temperature is based on 70 flow/50 return & room air temperature of 21 degrees then i suggest you advise your customers to increase boiler temps to 85k when outside temps are below -1 , it's not as if we endure temps below -1 for more than a couple of weeks throughout the heating season. :rolleyes:
Considering 100% of my installs has come from recommendations over the past 5 years, I'll keep doing exactly what I am doing. And as I don't particularly like installing, I don't come cheap.

Besides that, heatloss calculations have a huge error margin included.
Besides that, it is the nice warm house, or the lack of it during those few weeks that people remember, certainly not somebody's calculations.

If the new ch can't cope because the outside temp is 9 degrees below your calculation, I seriously doubt your customer will appreciate your excuse that you "installed it to what the book said" when he asks you how come he has icicles hanging from his knob despite spending thousands on a new system.

You miss the point Bengasman , merely increasing boiler temp from 70k to 85k will increase emitter output to well above 10% , this will save the client money on install & future gas bills , FWIW i oversize radiators too , force of habit I guess.

You stil have'nt answered my questions from previous page , not to worry eh. ;)

You miss the point Bengasman , merely increasing boiler temp from 70k to 85k will increase emitter output to well above 10% , this will save the client money on install &
future gas bills
Most certainly NOT on the gasbills as it will send the boiler into non-condensing mode, raising the gasbill per kW output by approcimately 10%.

You stil have'nt answered my questions from previous page , not to worry eh. ;)
Which one is it this time.?

Most certainly NOT on the gasbills as it will send the boiler into non-condensing mode, raising the gasbill per kW output by approcimately 10%.
[
The return temperature is what influences the condensing not the flow.
No poo Sherlock.
Now take a wild guess what will happen to the return temperature of a set system, with set radiator sizes, set pipelenghts and heatloss in them, and set lockshield valves, when you up the flow temp by 15 degrees after the system has settled.
Duh.

For maybe 1 week in a whole heating season. :LOL:

For maybe 1 week in a whole heating season. :LOL:
Doesn't matter whether it is an hour, a week or a quarter; your claim that it will save money on the gasbill is categorically wrong.

As is your quoting.

:mrgreen: ....................i'm sure most on here can tell the difference between the chaff & the wheat. ;)

@bengasman

I have elected to do a whole module on heating controls which also covers weather compensation. I have seen the posts you have written and fundamentally all of the research I have read on the internet and what is taught is very different to the opinion that you have expressed on this board. I think it is difficult for you to justify electing to fit non WC equipment with numbers and theory that will not stack up under any scrutiny.

I think you need to have more of an open mind and perhaps read up on some of the bits that you really should know being as you put it "a well respected plumber".

As many have pointed out on here, weather compensation will always save gas. The issue is the majority of home owners in the UK have little experience with continental style controls and would rather have an off switch but I believe this will change with time and you will end up fitting obsolete systems and do yourself no favours.

Carefull how you tread Claire , some don't like to be told or even worse express a difference of opinion. ;) , he is not a time served plumbing & heating engineer which is obvious when reading his drivel , time & time again i might add, maybe he would be better changing careers AGAIN & become a barrister , much more fitting would'nt you say?

CLairehead";p="2000572 said:
@bengasman

I have elected to do a whole module on heating controls which also covers weather compensation. I have seen the posts you have written and fundamentally all of the research I have read on the internet and what is taught is very different to the opinion that you have expressed on this board. I think it is difficult for you to justify electing to fit non WC equipment with numbers and theory that will not stack up under any scrutiny.

Well I will asume you have made a genuine post claire :) manus & others can play around ( might not be the right term ) with stastics and effiency figures to show pretty much what ever one likes depending on which side of the argument u are on , the question might be is who has funded the research , is there a finacial vested interest ect ect , is any of the research truly independent ? IMOH one should always be a sceptic over what will or can save money or the planet ect , alot of this technology will probably do more harm than good ( maybe ?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back