Confused with Samsung heat pump controllers...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

sorry this is a lengthy one, 2 parts -->

Part 1:

I'm trying to figure out how to use the Samsung controllers that run our heat pumps. Confusingly we have 2 controllers and 2 inverters outside. It seems to me that one is for heating and the other for hot water? Does that even make sense? In any case we inherited this system from the previous owner with zero documentation.

I watched this video to try and understand it:

In the video they state that the control unit should be displaying 'AU' for automatic mode (attached screenshot). However, our controllers display a temperature value, one (which also has the hot water symbol) shows 50.0C while the other shows 0.0C (attached photo).

Anyone knows if that's a problem?

Part 2:

What am I trying to achieve:

just switched to an octopus go tariff and I want to program the hot water to 'overheat' (say up to 70C) during 00:30 - 04:30, and then during the day keep the water @ ~48C. Basically maximise consumption when electric is cheap.

Is that possible to program with this controller?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 16.19.49.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 16.19.49.png
    799.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7682.jpeg
    IMG_7682.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
Just time your DHW for 00:30 to 04:30, but heat pump HW is probably set to around 50C with a daily cycle to kill legion.

It's unlikely that your COP at 70C will be better than what you are saving on the go rate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back