Hot water cold, heating works fine

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm having trouble getting in touch with my landlord so I'm looking for anything I can do myself to remedy this situation. I have a new Vaillant heating system with an ecoTEC Plus boiler, uniSTOR Plus tank, sensoCOMFORT control panel, and FM5/VR71 that provides heating to radiant floors & radiators along with hot water.

The problem is we are not getting any hot water. The control panel is showing the domestic hot water at 13 C and it's set for 60C; currently on manual, using the hot water boost makes no difference. The boiler is showing flow temperatures above 70C and the pump is running to send hot water through the tank.

My suspicion is that the 70C+ water is not actually going through the coils in the tank. In the attached picture you can see the pump is running for the hot water going to the tank (the pumps for the radiant floors and radiators are not running). On the return line you can see a heat meter (evenes zelsius device) and the number on that has not changed at all since the problem started. Any hints at what might be the problem?
20220402_155814.jpg

Control panels:
20220402_132949.jpg

Pumps for the 3 zones with manifold:
20220402_155841.jpg

Sponsored Links
Investigate the temperatures of the pipes going to and from the black header just under the leftmost pump. Are they both hot? 70C hot?
If not then the heating fluid isn't being sent from the boiler to the header...suspect the boiler's pumping circuit, especially if none of the other circuits get hot.
If other circuits work fine then suspect the pump for the hot water cylinder. It may be rotating, but it may not be pumping.

Is there a thermostat on the cylinder? What is it set to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back