confused

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any help would be greatly appreciated,i have a air conditioning unit on the wall and i would like to know how much it is costing me to run
this is whats written on the label

MODEL FUJITSU ASY 12RSECW

CAPACITY
COOLING 3.45-3.4 KW
HEATING 4.05-3.95 KW

COOLING
CURRENT 5.9-5.8 A
INPUT POWER 1.26-1.21 KW

HEATING
CURRENT 5.9-5.8 A
INPUT POWER 1.28-1.21 KW

my electricity prices are 14.4 pence per kwh
assuming i had it on full power for 1 hour,how much would it cost me
i worked it out as
cooling = 18.144 pence per hour
heating = 18.432 pence per hour
is this right or do i work it out on the capacity
thanks
Tee

Sponsored Links
14.4p per unit, is the same as 14.4p per kwh, so your looking at:

14.4p x 4kw for heating
14.4p x 3.5kw for cooling

I think

so what you are saying is the unit costs me
heating = 57.6 pence per hour (14.4 pence multiplied by 4 KW)
cooling = 50.4 pence per hour (14.4 pence multiplied by 3.5 KW)
that can't be right can it
so can you explain what the input power and the output power mean please

But it's not running at full power all the time. It will be controlled by a thermostat so will be cutting in and out.

Sponsored Links
The heating and cooling capacities are the capablities of the heat pump in each direction, ie the rate at which the unit extracts or adds heat to the room. This is not the same as the electrical power consumption, which is the INPUT power figure - it is the input power figure that you use to calculate the running costs.

But note that the unit does not run continuously, it will cycle on its thermostat depending on the internal and outside temperatures and the target temperature you set.

The heating and cooling capacities are the capablities of the heat pump in each direction, ie the rate at which the unit extracts or adds heat to the room. This is not the same as the electrical power consumption, which is the INPUT power figure - it is the input power figure that you use to calculate the running costs.

But note that the unit does not run continuously, it will cycle on it's thermostat depending on the internal and outside temperatures and the target temperature you set.

thanks for the replies
so just for arguments sake if it run constantly for 1 hour on heating without the thermostat turning on and off it would cost me
heating = 18.432 pence per hour (14.4 pence multiplied by 1.28 KW)

Also, these things generally only have one power setting, which, as has been said, it cycles on and off. A compressor can only run at one speed (like your fridge). Really high-end ones have variable speed compressors, but this is emerging technology.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back