confused................

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
getting a little worried , the plasterer who gave me a very cheap quote because my wife works with his daughter said that he doesn't use multi-finish because its sh*t. he said for my walls he will use hardwall, can you paint hardwall and does it give a smooth finish?????????????????????????

the ceiling is new plasterboard and the walls are concrete.

Sponsored Links
Multi is sh1te & he uses a base coat plaster to finish :rolleyes: The guy has no idea what he's talking about, the job will look sh1te & I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. See my comments on your other post also.

There's something wrong with your plasterer. Unless he's talking about drywall plaster and not hardwall as you state.

Sponsored Links
is drywall the correct plaster to use then, good finish??????
Drywall plaster :!: if were talking about Board Finish then it's very similar to Multi-finish & formulated specifically for boards which some say gives a superior finish; but you specifically said "Hardwall" which is a base coat plaster. Yes, I suppose you could polish it up to a reasonable finish but the emphasis would be on “reasonable” & weather or not you'd get paint to stick to it after all that polishing, who knows; but why on earth would want to do that unless finishing plaster suddenly & miraculously became completely unavailable; you may as well use the most suitable product in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back