Confusion - modulating boilers vs modulating controllers

My ex, HR consultant for nhs :rolleyes: , told me there are 3 things you should never believe.

"We are from head-office, we are here to help"

"I've sent you a check in the mail"

"I won't in your mouth"

Clever clogs she was.

Sponsored Links
send me £50 as well, cause i was really really hurt by the statement and wont get to sleep tonight with all the stress ;)

The last post was some time ago but modulation has moved on?
I am replacing my 25 year old boiler. I will retain the present system with vented hot water cylinder. I have looked at various controls but am still a little confused. I am considering using the Honeywell Evohome controls. This is a fully programmable system which includes wireless active trv's. I will fit one to each of my radiators. I would also monitor the outside air temperature. I am looking for information that is between the sales blurb stuff and a full technical manual.
For maximum efficiency the boiler needs to operate at the lowest temperature - so that full condensation on the boiler is possible(?) How will the "system" modulate the boiler? If radiators require different temperatures is the boiler set to the maximum required temperature? [e.g. if 10 are nearly at room temp but only one is well below temp] Will the hot water cylinder demand temperature override that required for the radiators? etc.
Is it the controls or the boiler that does the monitoring?
Trevor

Sponsored Links
The boiler flow temperature needs to be set high enough to do the hot water - so about 70 degrees.

Evo will just regulate the air temperature according to your program.

The outside temperature reference in Evo is from an internet source and has no impact on the heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back