Confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately I've just purchased a built in double oven but realised I needed a built under oven.

Can a "Built in" electric double oven be placed under a gas hob, as you do with a built under oven.

I have enough space under the work top but just wondered if this is still possible.

Any suggestions would be a great help.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have already got the appliances you should be able to determine by measurement if the oven leaves enough space not to foul on the underside of the hob. If you can have the hob in situ and still get the oven in and out there's no problem. You also need to check the installation instructions for the oven to ensure any clearance / ventilation requirements are met.

What do the instructions say about clearance requirements & temperatures, as the temp of the outside may be higher for the built under than the integrated type, & therefore larger clearances required.

Sponsored Links
I haven't received the appliance yet, it is going to arrive tomorrow. So I will be able to tell 100% if it will fit or not and any clearance etc I need.

So fingers crossed it will be ok but I have a nasty feeling it may not be viable. Bummer!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back