Connect 68mm downpipe to 25mm blue pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a small bit of roof which I want to capture all the run-off from.

Is it possible to connect standard round gutter downpipe (or, in fact direct from a running outlet) to 25mm pipe? If so, where can I find the relevant part?

Cheers,
Adam

Sponsored Links
Going from 68mm down to 25mm is a no brainer. It will clog up and become useless. In a storm it will not cope.

I am finding it difficult to envisage your set-up or the reasoning behind the severe reduction in pipe diameter?

Can you not collect the water directly from the 68mm pipe?

You may as well buy a water butt diverter and couple the blue pipe to the corrugated pipe which is of similar size.

You may as well buy a water butt diverter and couple the blue pipe to the corrugated pipe which is of similar size.
the tank connector that the corri pipe goes over is a standard overflow solvent weld fitting ;)

Sponsored Links
Going from 68mm down to 25mm is a no brainer. It will clog up and become useless. In a storm it will not cope.
68mm pipe is used for all the guttering on my house, ranging from an enormous area on the main roof, to this small area on one side of the garage. The flow off the garage definitely does not need the full 68mm! As for clogging up, that's a good point - I'll just need to be careful about a filter thingy where the running outlet enters the gutter.

I am finding it difficult to envisage your set-up or the reasoning behind the severe reduction in pipe diameter?
I want to put a water but behind the garage where there's space and it's out of sight. I can't run 68mm pipe around the garage because there's a lean-to greenhouse in the way at one end and the garage doors at the other.

So the plan is to convert to 25mm and then run it through the wooden garage wall along the internal wall and out the other side.

Yes, I could do that, but I'd quite like to get rid of the downpipe completely.

the tank connector that the corri pipe goes over is a standard overflow solvent weld fitting ;)
Hmm, what tank connector?

Cheers,
Adam

Hi Adam, did you ever find a solution to this please? I have been searching for the same thing - I would like to collect the rain from the roof of my shed so don't have an existing 68mm downpipe to tap into, I have fit 68mm round the shed and now need to reduce it to a ~25mm pipe to fit into the water butt.
Hope you can help!
Thanks
Guy
First post :D

haha, I do see that happening! :oops:

Thanks for the link, I have a screwfix 5 minute drive from here, I'll pop down at lunch. Appreciate the reply, neat web-site!
:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back