Connect Laptop to TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where can i buy cables to connect my sony viao PCG-5B1M to my TV.
I had a look but I can't find a cable with the right connections on them.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
What connections do you have available on the laptop & TV?

Spec listed below, best i can do with my limited knowledge :oops:

14.1" XGA (1024 x 768)
16-bit CD-quality stereo sound
DVD CD/R/RW drive
Ethernet network (100BASE-TX / 10BASE-T) (RJ-45), PSTN: built-in V.92/V.90 (56 Kbps) data/fax modem (RJ-11), Wireless LAN IEEE802.11b/g
Stereo speakers, touchpad, Plug & Display
Port replicator connector, i.LINK™ (IEEE1394) S400 port, 2 Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) ports (high/full/low speed supported) Type A connector, Monitor (VGA) port, Headphones jack,Microphone jack, DC In port, Memory Stick™ media slot (Standard size, Memory Stick™ Pro, Memory Stick™ Duo, high-speed data transfer compatible)
DC In port, Monitor (VGA) port, 3 Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) ports (high/full/low speed supported) Type A connector, Network (Ethernet) port (100BASE-TX / 10BASE-T), Printer port
WIRELESS LAN switch, S1 button, S2 button

Does the laptop have a TV-Out connector of some description, or just the standard VGA port?

What inputs are on the TV?

Sponsored Links
The signal types are totally different, so you won't be able to do it using just a cable. You will need an active converter. Do a google for VGA to TV converter. Lots of info.

Do a check for a s-video connection on the laptop and docker. I would be very surpised if the sony does not have one of these.

Sponsored Links
Back