connected new bath but no water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced my bath and connected the new taps as instructed. The Hot water is working but when I turn on the cold water there is no water. The pipe leads directly to the tank which is full. I have not touched any stopcocks as I turned the water off at the mains and drained the tank. What can be the problem?

Sponsored Links
There may well have been a solid plastic washer in the new tap that you should have removed before connecting them, sometimes they are fitted with these from the manufacturer to stop grit/dirt entering the tap prior to use ?

The only other thing is have you fitted a stop valve to the pipework and left it turned off ?

appart from that...... get another tap.

if you loosen the tap connector does water leak? This would prove the fault to pipe work or tap

Sponsored Links
Air Lock maybe?
Had one the other day same problem had to suck the air lock out in the end as blowing water up the pipe made no difference.

Strange stuff this water and air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back