connecting a dimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to connect a double dimmer switch in my living room/Kitchen but it's all going a bit wrong (has started turning the bedroom light on and off. The dimmer switch looks the same as the picture in the previous post. I have four sets of wires.

Brown Wire 1 - Live feed
Brown Wire 2 - Bedroom
Brown Wire 3 - Living Room
Brown Wire 4 - kitchen
... and a short brown wire which on the previous switch went from common to common

At the moment when I try wiring it up I can only get the switch to work 2 of the lights and even then only one at a time. Can someone explain to me what wire goes where to get all lights working independently of each other.

:oops:
Cheers
---------------------------------------------------
lynda moderator

please read the forum rules, (17) hi jacking causes confusion

your post has been split

Sponsored Links
The Living Room and the Kitchen are (well, should be) controlled frrom this point.

Try this, connect the live feed and the link wire to common on one switch. Connect the link and the bedroom to the common on the other. Connect the living room to L1 on one switch and the kitchen to L1 on the other.

Edit, wrote link instead of common.

Sponsored Links
Going to try that now. If this works the girlfriend will probably want to marry you.

That's it working now. My girlfriend (and my ears) will be eternally grateful

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back