Connecting a flexi with a female screw thread to 15mm

G

Goldspoon

Just plumbed in a sink. Supplied flexis are the same both ends i.e. screw threads designed to go onto taps. Usually I have supplied them and choose to have one end with a compression fitting and olive (for fitting to the 15mm copper pipe).

So what I did was screwed the non tap end straight onto a 15mm iso valve. Obviously no olive involved and I'm not sure if this is a way to go. Water not on until tomorrow so can change in the morning to my usual method - would rather use the parts supplied if poss though. Will this be sound the way I have done it? Is there another, better way?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Will be ok as long as no leaks.

Surprised at finding both ends female though. :confused:

You can get a connector that has flats on the end more suitable for tap washers,but i cant think of name of it :LOL: doh , having a blonde moment

Sponsored Links
Hi
Do not over tighten or the washer can distort and restrict the flow. Used this many times before no probs.

HTH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back