connecting a socket spur

thanks for all the help so far

i think i will go with steve and ban-all-sheds suggestion of using the 10mm to install a sub main cu. and then taking a seperate shower and socket cable from there

what amp circuit will i need to use at the main cu? at the sub main there will be one shower cable, 2 socket and one light cable

Sponsored Links
We cant design such a circuit without knowing the ins and outs of the design. Also, do you know how to wire up a consumer unit?

Is there really no way of getting a fused spur from the socket circuit?

We cant design such a circuit without knowing the ins and outs of the design. Also, do you know how to wire up a consumer unit?

Is there really no way of getting a fused spur from the socket circuit?

yes i know how to wire up a unit - was there any specific questions you had in mind?

it will be a big job cutting through concrete, which i am trying to avoid

Sponsored Links
You need to know EXACTLY how that 10mm cable is installed. Methods of installation can reduce a cable's current carrying capacity by up to 50% :eek:
You need to ascertain how much current it can handle before you decide what rating of MCB you need.

Is the shower currently RCD protected?

PS. Are you absolutely sure that it is 10mm^2? How are you aware of this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back