Connecting a toilet to a fixed soil stack?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Its a basic problem really, but I'm really stuck!

I have a soil stack running through the corner of a room (ceiling to floor) and want to connect a toilet into it. The stack can't be pushed up or pushed down, its fixed, so if I cut a section out, how do I connect a toilet connector? and is there such a thing that will work in this instance?

Many Thanks, Dave

Sponsored Links
Cut out a long section. Say about 1.5m long. Then fit your T piece in its correct location.
Buy a straight coupler and chisel out the inner stops so its now a slip coupler and slide it over the upper pipe.
You still need a little movement in the upper pipe. About half the diameter should work and it should flex enough.
Use the proper lubricant when fitting and chamfer the ends correctly before attempting fitting.
When its in place slide the coupler back down to its correct location.
Comprende?

Thanks chaps for your replies,

The rubber y piece looks good, that could work and the slip coupler is a good idea also.

I could adapt your idea Norcon, by using 2 slip couplers. As you say cut out a section of pipe and slide a coupler over the upper pipe and also slide a coupler over the lower pipe. Fit back the original piece of pipe I cut out, but with the y piece in it (keeping the length the same) and then slide the couplers over the joints! This is the method I'll use.

Thanks again guys,
Cheers, Dave

Sponsored Links
If you are going to use slip coupling over cast iron, you will find it easier if you remove the plastic ring from the inside of the black rubber seal!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back